About this blog...

Friday, January 28, 2011

When I grow up.

I know exactly what I want to be when I grow up. I've got it all figured out now. These plans may take a lifetime to achieve. Ah, but what joy will be obtained from trying to reach them.

This is what I want to be when I grow up-

 Proverbs 3:14-18, "for she is more profitable than silver, and her revenue is better than gold. She is more precious than jewels; nothing you desire compares with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left, riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant, and all her paths, peaceful. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her, and those who hold on to her are happy."

How wonderful would that be? To make myself more worthy than gold? To lead such a lifestyle that no price is equatable to the goodness of it. To be more precious than jewels. Imagine not being able to be placated with a gift of gems because, because you are better than something so vain.

And honor, how incredible would it be to be defined by that word? Honor. I can't even find the correct words to describe the significance of honor. And to have my life imprinted with that, unfathomable.

 Her ways a pleasant, all her paths, peaceful. Imagine that composure. Imagine the, well, the peace. Isn't that just exactly what we need more of in all parts of our lives? Peace? Tree of life to those who embrace her and hold on to her are happy. Picture this. Going through your normal routine, basically the same people are present. You enter generally the same stores, food areas, classrooms but one big thing changes. The reaction people have to you. You leave happiness behind, you allow others a glimpse of eternal life. How healthy. How perfect.

What is being described in proverbs is not a person but wisdom. God is telling Solomon, well me as well, to trust in Him and to seek wisdom and understanding. And this is one of the most appealing things that I have heard in such a long time. There are no expectations for my life now, it's all up to me. I no longer am held to any standard by anyone. I am good. But that is mainly because I should be. I want to be full of wisdom so that I may be worthier than gold, so that I may not fall for the vanity of jewels, so that I may leave people happy. More than any job more than any career, this is what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment