Just a little something that was published. No big deal. So this was composed of a lot of ranting. It was during a time when I was really feeling pressure. Looking back, I realize that I am good enough but there is no need to defend it as ferociously.
I believe that I am good enough. Regardless of the world's criteria or expectations of excellence, I know I am good enough. I am smart enough. I am pretty enough. I am happy enough. I am funny enough. I am strong, I am weak, I am silly and mature, reliable and hardworking. I am without any resounding doubt good enough. I am good enough for you, I am good enough for me, I am good enough for my family, for my teachers, my friends and for the world. No I am not perfect, no I am not a hundred percent on top of it, but I can honestly say if I were different it would be frightening.
So I don't know the right answer, so I don't remember the dates or locations. No I don't remember the obviously significant color of the buttons on the shirt that was under the jacket. I don't remember why one president ran or when he ran or even if he ran. These are the fundamentals. How can I ever advance in life without knowing all the details? Well I will tell you, I will never know all of these small details. Even if I don't recall what moss hangs in the trees in Louisiana, I am smart. Though you try to measure my intelligence with a GPA, SAT score, class ranking, AP score, or letter grade; that doesn't mean anything. I am smart because I am willing to learn. Because I want to learn.
So many times there is a stress on appearance and never more than when you are representing a multitude or an organization. So you are running for a state office, so you are running for a national office, so you have a presentation. Whatever the situation, your appearance will be attacked. You will be drowned in hairspray, you will be instructed, not asked, to put on a pound more of blush. You will be told to lose weight, to suck in, to hide. You will be told to change your very self and become someone new, someone fake. You must not have any feelings because you will cry. You need to cover up those blemishes, you will not be remembered, you are not good enough, you are not pretty enough. Well I am. You will see this. I will make you understand.
I believe that my faith is strong enough, that I am right in this thinking. I believe in God. I believe that He created us. I believe it's ok to wear a necklace with a cross; it's ok to talk about Him. It's ok to have a sense of awe, to be amazed, to be astounded. though you may stand before me and call me ignorant, tell me that my beliefs aren't tangible, that I am dumb and stupid for believing; still I will have faith.
Everyday people will stand before you and point out your faults. You will be told of your errors, your downfalls, and your shortcomings. Your intelligence will be mocked. Your appearance will never be up to par. You will be called dumb and hypocritical for believing in God. But this is what I believe; I believe that I am good enough. With my downfalls and mistakes, with my quirks and comments, I am good enough. Do I fill your expectations? Whatever your answer, I am good enough. I am good enough for myself and for you. Everyone is good enough.
I believe that I am good enough. Regardless of the world's criteria or expectations of excellence, I know I am good enough. I am smart enough. I am pretty enough. I am happy enough. I am funny enough. I am strong, I am weak, I am silly and mature, reliable and hardworking. I am without any resounding doubt good enough. I am good enough for you, I am good enough for me, I am good enough for my family, for my teachers, my friends and for the world. No I am not perfect, no I am not a hundred percent on top of it, but I can honestly say if I were different it would be frightening.
So I don't know the right answer, so I don't remember the dates or locations. No I don't remember the obviously significant color of the buttons on the shirt that was under the jacket. I don't remember why one president ran or when he ran or even if he ran. These are the fundamentals. How can I ever advance in life without knowing all the details? Well I will tell you, I will never know all of these small details. Even if I don't recall what moss hangs in the trees in Louisiana, I am smart. Though you try to measure my intelligence with a GPA, SAT score, class ranking, AP score, or letter grade; that doesn't mean anything. I am smart because I am willing to learn. Because I want to learn.
So many times there is a stress on appearance and never more than when you are representing a multitude or an organization. So you are running for a state office, so you are running for a national office, so you have a presentation. Whatever the situation, your appearance will be attacked. You will be drowned in hairspray, you will be instructed, not asked, to put on a pound more of blush. You will be told to lose weight, to suck in, to hide. You will be told to change your very self and become someone new, someone fake. You must not have any feelings because you will cry. You need to cover up those blemishes, you will not be remembered, you are not good enough, you are not pretty enough. Well I am. You will see this. I will make you understand.
I believe that my faith is strong enough, that I am right in this thinking. I believe in God. I believe that He created us. I believe it's ok to wear a necklace with a cross; it's ok to talk about Him. It's ok to have a sense of awe, to be amazed, to be astounded. though you may stand before me and call me ignorant, tell me that my beliefs aren't tangible, that I am dumb and stupid for believing; still I will have faith.
Everyday people will stand before you and point out your faults. You will be told of your errors, your downfalls, and your shortcomings. Your intelligence will be mocked. Your appearance will never be up to par. You will be called dumb and hypocritical for believing in God. But this is what I believe; I believe that I am good enough. With my downfalls and mistakes, with my quirks and comments, I am good enough. Do I fill your expectations? Whatever your answer, I am good enough. I am good enough for myself and for you. Everyone is good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment