I guess today I am a little bitter because today it is perfect outside. So perfect. This is two days in a row where my body is meant to lay in the grass. But, unlike yesterday, today I have to be inside. Inside a building, inside classroom, inside an office. I can still appreciate the beauty of the day from within these walls, though it's not the same as being outside and appreciating it with my body.
Not only can I not enjoy the weather today, but tomorrow and the rest of the week it is supposed to get cooler and cooler with snow on Tuesday. I love snow, probably too much, but I desperately need to feel the sunlight on my skin, to synthesize some vitamin D and get my melatonin and serotonin up and running again. And I need this weather to allow me to feel like I am home. When the sun is out it is a little bit more like home. Winter here is drab, oh but spring and summer make me almost believe that this is a portion of home. Where I wake up to this:
And go to bed to this:
Today I just want to read on a grassy field, but there does seem to be a shortage of those around here. Everyone is cramped onto the small plots of grass. No room for me, no open spaces. It makes me miss this:
I just want farms. Weird right? One of the things that most people make fun of is the seemingly abnormal amount of farms. But after a semester in the city I realized that one-there are no farms here, literally, and that living in an area with farms is a lifestyle which is slowly becoming impossible. Now many farms are government versus family run. This knowledge helps me appreciate getting stuck behind tractors while driving, the smell of spring is now forever freshly spread manure, and farms are my definition of home, hopefully that image will last.
Overall it is such a blessing to have this weather. To be able to rejoice because of it. I know spring will come when it needs to. And I know that I will soon be smelling the moist manure back at home.


No comments:
Post a Comment