About this blog...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vision Boards



Happy Endings is such a hilarious show. It's about friends who are all hanging out. Some have jobs, some don't. Some have direction, most don't. It just helps me feel a little bit better about my life. 

I just finished watching the episode that this clip is from. Because that is the most productive way to spend my time. And though Jane is a crazy, anal psycho, her vision board idea may not be that crazy, or anal. Lately I've been wondering what the heck I'm paying thousands of dollars a semester for, if I hate school and hate the classes I'm taking. And if the things I am dedicating my time to (like watching Happy Endings) are what I had envisioned before I began this year. So I obviously need to get my life together and figure out if what I am doing is what I would have put on a vision board, if I had made one.

*Side note: I will never make a vision board. That is too much work. But is so inclined, feel free to make me one. 

Penny has things like friends and a cute bartender on her board. I'll keep the cute bartender and add a few other things of my own. Get ready, get pumped, get excited for my vision board. 


I've been taking Arabic this semester. I plan to continue learning the language. I feel a push to travel to arabic speaking countries. (no I can't read the arabic. I'm failing)


Northern Virginia is an ethnically diverse place. I live in nova. I am diverse. Kidding, I'm pretty white. But one of my biggest visions is to create a latino Young Life community at the school that I lead at. At first I thought that it was simply my calling to work with the latino community as a career, but now I realize that my passion for this is immediate, it's now. Fingers crossed for a vida joven camp trip in the future!


I just need to figure out how to find the passion in my goals again. School has worn and burned me out. I need to feel like what I am doing is having an impact on myself and my community. Maybe that means changing my goals, maybe that means changing my approach. It's on my to-do list to figure that out. 

That is my vision board. Or more list vision list. Maybe I'll keep adding to it. But it probs stops here. Thanks for your inspiration Jane. If the things on Max's vision board can come true, so can mine. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment